5 Things We Didn't Know About INHF
We came up with five tidbits we didn’t know before we started working as INHF interns. Maybe a few of them will be new to you too!
- We are not alone – During orientation we discovered that we’re not the only interns at INHF! There are 10 land stewardship interns who work all across Iowa restoring INHF properties. We also have a grant writing intern.
- INHF is largely responsible for Iowa’s awesome bike trails – There are more than 1,200 miles of trails in Iowa and INHF has helped partners with more than half of them!
- Des Moines’ RAYGUN made a shirt with INHF – And the proceeds go to maintaining Iowa’s trails. Plus, where else are you going to find a tee with a bike-riding cowboy.
- Our bike generator helps power 80/35 – along with a bunch of other awesome events. Plus we love the idea of peddling for power.
- Over 98% of Iowa’s land is privately owned – That means that groups like INHF are vital when it comes to making sure our state’s natural beauty is preserved.