This Saturday, June 7th, marks the 9th Annual Wabash Warm-Up! This is a fundraising bike ride that the South West Iowa Nature Tails is hosting to raise money for Wabash Trace Nature Trail, an INHF project. This event which will begin at 10 a.m. at the the Classic Cafe in Malvern, will have seven stops along the way where bikers can eat, drink, and listen to music. The event will end at Depot Deli in Shenandoah. It is a 22-mile ride, but each stop is about 3 miles apart.
The line-up is scheduled as follows: Begin at the Classic Cafe…
- 1st stop – Nishna Bridge, with live music by George McGargill playing
- 2nd stop – Narrow Bridge at White Cloud, with live music by Jeff Slater playing
- 3rd stop – Strahan, with live music by Stephen Monroe
- 4th stop – Deer Creek, Bridge with live music by Stephen Monroe
- 5th stop – Waubonsie Bridge, with live music by Jamie Hung and Kyle Cullin
- 6th stop – Morrison Bridge with, live music by Eric Nelson
- 7th stop – Walnut Creek Bridge, BYOM (bring your own music!)
The cost for the ride is $10 per person or $50 for a t-shirt, pork chop, and one drink pass per stop. The bus will be leaving the Depot Deli at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning to take riders up to Malvern. If you have any questions, please email Becca Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712-386-2337.