Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before January 25, 2019.
Job Purpose/Position Overview
Serve as the primary database administrator for Salesforce NPSP and LOCATE with 20+ users. Assist with daily tasks related to our membership program. This full-time, exempt position typically involves 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, in our Des Moines office with occasional opportunities for travel to participate in weekend/evening events with donors or volunteers. The CRM Coordinator reports to the Donor Relations Director, works closely with the Donor Services Coordinator, and has no supervisory responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Salesforce Implementation (underway; expected completion in late Spring 2019)
- Assist in the buildout and implementation of our Salesforce instance
- Help with the migration of data currently residing in legacy systems into Salesforce
- Drive and encourage user adoption organization-wide
- Support new users and create training resources and learning opportunities to grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Manage user records, profiles, permissions and security
- By user request, make adjustments to improve user experience and usefulness for staff
- Work to constantly improve the system for the staff and organization
- Maintain strong working relationships with all departments in the organization
- Build reports, dashboards, and other analytics for operations and strategic decision making
- Create fields, objects, validation rules, workflow processes, page layouts and explore other configuration options to help the system grow and evolve
- Investigate, install and maintain 3rd-party tools
- Keep up-to-date with new Salesforce features and best practices applicable to our industry
- Use best practices for systems maintenance, testing, data integrity and security
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Maintain quality data in Salesforce about our members and donors
- Assist in smooth and accurate gift processing, acknowledgement, and constituent updates
- Run project gift and donor recognition reports
- Act as backup for Donor Services Coordinator and Administrative Assistant when needed
- Assist staff with requests for mailing lists, reports, or other database information
- 2 to 3 years of Salesforce experience, preferably in an Admin role.
- Excitement about the possibilities of the CRM.
- Ability to work patiently with people of varying technical skills.
- Interest in nonprofit work, and personal alignment with our organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, in and out of the office.
A successful candidate is…
…curious, analytical, dedicated to the team’s success, service-oriented and friendly with our members, an effective communicator, motivated by what a well-run database can do to support our work and willing to share that enthusiasm with others, serious about data quality, and continually seeking to learn from the CRM community.
Salary and Benefits Summary
Starting salary range $44,000 - $50,000 annually.
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation values our team members and takes pride in providing competitive compensation, generous medical and dental benefits, ample vacation and sick leave accrual, retirement matching, and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Physical requirements include sitting and/or standing at a desk for the majority of the workday and the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to work in an office environment with low to moderate noise levels. The employee must provide own transportation to and from work.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to
applicants who apply on or before January 25, 2019.
Please electronically submit a cover letter with rationale for your interest in this position, résumé and at least three professional references (with contact information) to Kari Walker, Administration Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted until later in the search process with the candidate’s prior knowledge.