Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation is uniquely suited to help landowners consider donations of Iowa land.
Because protection of natural resources is our mission, INHF helps you consider:
- The land’s natural features and its need for protection
- Which conservation agencies or nonprofits can help you reach your goals for the land
- Tax benefits available to you with a gift of land for conservation
We are also experienced at assisting many kinds of land donation:
- Outright, fee-title donations
- Bequests or estate plans that include land
- Donations with reserved life estate — meaning you retain lifetime use of the land and its income
INHF often assists donations of land to other organizations or agencies for conservation purposes — such as a gift to the state or county to create a public park or wildlife area.
INHF also accepts some gifts or bequests of land that we will retain and care for into the future. We take this responsibility very seriously and would want to discuss it with you.
How and when do I start?
It’s never too early to start planning for your land’s future.
- To talk over your options or begin the process, contact Anita O’Gara, INHF vice president, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-288-1846, ext 18. All conversations and services are free and confidential with no obligation.
- Visit our Iowa Landowner Options website to learn more about your options for donating or permanently protecting your land for conservation.