Your gift today can provide annual income for life to you or a loved one.
Through a simple agreement called a Charitable Gift Annuity, a percentage of your gift to INHF is paid to you by INHF each year. The size of the payments depends on the amount you contribute and the age of the beneficiaries (the older the beneficiaries, the higher the rate of return). These rates are generally much higher than returns provided by CDs, money market funds, treasury bills/bonds or similar kinds of investments.
You can choose:
- Income for one or two people who are age 60 or better. This might be you, your spouse, your parent or anyone else
- Annual or semi-annual payments
- To defer your payments for a year or more — which will increase the size of the payments
- To receive payments for a period of years, or for the rest of your life
Your gift may also provide tax benefits:
- You receive an immediate federal income tax deduction when the annuity is purchased. The size of the deduction depends on your age and the number of beneficiaries.
- A significant portion of the income produced by the annuity is exempt from both federal and state income taxes.
- If you fund an annuity with appreciated securities, you avoid or defer capital gains on the sale of the securities.
Learn more about gift annuities and discuss your options with Abby Hade Terpstra, INHF donor relations director, at 515-288-1846, ext. 15 or email@example.com