You're invited to a fall prairie seed harvest!
Spend an autumn day with INHF and Dallas County Conservation Board at Voas Mitigation Area near Minburn learning about the land, exploring the prairie and gathering native seed to help establish future prairie plantings in the area.
An RSVP is required. Space is limited. RSVP
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & EXPECTATIONS
INHF is implementing a few new changes to fall events to help ensure everyone stays safe and healthy.
- We are asking EVERY volunteer to complete a liability form prior to attending any events. Completed forms may be sent to Volunteer Coordinator Melanie Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event. Please include the name of the event you plan to attend in the subject line. Forms will also be available on site the day of the event, though we encourage you to complete it in advance to help limit close interaction.
- While we are not requiring volunteers to wear masks, we do ask that volunteers respect each other’s space and stay at least 6 feet apart from one another. When it is not possible to do so, we ask that volunteers wear a mask until they can safely distance themselves from others.
- We will be providing all the necessary equipment, but are asking each volunteer to bring along their own work gloves, mask and water bottle. Hand sanitizer will be available at the work day and all equipment will be wiped down prior and after use by INHF staff.
- Attendance at events will be limited. Capacity will vary depending on event locations.
Thank you for helping us ensure we can all safely enjoy being on the land. Please email Volunteer Coordinator Melanie Schmidt at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
ATTIRE & EQUIPMENT
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots, long pants and work gloves
- Insect repellant, mask and water bottle
- A hiking stick, binoculars, field guide and/or camera, if you like
- No experience necessary
- Families welcome
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Voas Mitigation Area (Minburn, IA)
- Directions from Minburn
- Map of harvest area (red outlines denote parking areas, yellow outlines denote harvest area)
Contact Melanie Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation is committed to an equitable opportunity for volunteers to gather, in which we strive toward an environment that is both safe and welcoming for all. INHF continues to work toward creating a more inclusive environment that encourages, supports and affirms the diverse backgrounds of our volunteers. Attendees whose words, actions or behaviors make other attendees feel unsafe or unwelcome at INHF volunteer events will be asked to leave.