Together, we’ve protected 1,021 acres in Madison and Clarke counties. Celebrate with INHF and the Iowa DNR, Pheasants Forever and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation as we dedicate the Heritage Hills Wildlife Management Area. Remarks from representatives of INHF, the DNR and Pheasants Forever will be delivered at 4 p.m.
Experts will also be available at the site to discuss the following topics:
- Learn about turkey restoration efforts in Iowa & try your hand at some turkey calls with Jim Coffey, Forest Wildlife Biologist with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Explore upland hunting strategies with Eric Sytsma, Senior Regional Field Representative with Pheasants Forever
- Practice using binoculars and observe the bird species on site with Dennis Thompson, Des Moines Audubon
- Hear why places like this are critical for Iowa’s declining pollinators and how grant funding helped create needed habitat with Stephanie Shepherd, Wildlife Biologist with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources & Emily Martin, Conservation Programs Coordinator with INHF
- Talk with the folks who oversaw restoration work and hear what’s planned for the future with several Biologists from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources & Ross Baxter, Land Projects Director with INHF
Use this address to find the dedication site: 3398 Nature Ln, Lorimor, IA
From Shore St., turn north onto 110th Ave (about .1 mi). Continue onto Nature Ln (.6 mi); turn right onto to a gravel path before the homestead. If you need further help navigating to the site, enter 41.156741, -93.994277 into a mapping application such as Google Maps.
View this map to see Heritage Hills WMA; a star indicates the location of the dedication event.