We believe that together, we can do more.
|Breen Prairie Seed Harvest, 2020
Volunteers are at the heart of INHF's mission. Without them, vital conservation work all across Iowa would be left undone.
No matter where your passion lies, we invite you to join us. INHF volunteers partake in land restoration work on current INHF projects and privately owned areas and event outreach, as well as behind-the-scenes effort that helps us expand our mission. There are opportunities that don’t fit within these categories, too: Contact Melanie Schmidt, INHF volunteer coordinator, if you have an interest you’d like to explore (see below).
Join us on the land at one of our upcoming volunteer events! We work across the state on a variety of landscapes. Get outdoors and explore our great state. Find upcoming events here.
Interested in learning more?
Want to know more about a volunteer event or how you can get involved? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Melanie Schmidt, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-288-1846, ext. 35 for all your volunteer needs!
If you are looking to get involved in ways other than our upcoming events, we may have an opportunity for you. We work with many groups and individuals to develop ideas for unique volunteer opportunities. Learn more about how to customize your volunteer experience with INHF.
Samples of volunteer opportunities:
Land Restoration (typically outside and event-based):
- Remove invasive species from the prairies or woodland to restore native habitat
- Clean up and maintain multi-use trails
- Harvest seed to expand the prairie
Communication and Outreach:
- Work at outreach events to share INHF’s mission with new audiences
- Raise funds for land protection projects
- Take photographs
- Assist with mailings or organizing photos
- Write a blog post
- Lead education workshops
- Add your creative twist to our volunteer events (like Cowboy Poetry at lunch)
- Help with large-event execution or local volunteer recruitment
- Conduct species inventories
- Assist our land stewardship crew outside as needed
Questions? Contact Melanie Schmidt, INHF volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or 515-288-1846, ext. 35.