Celebrate the completion of a section of the Iowa River's Edge Trail with a bike ride, food, music, and tram rides!
- 8 a.m. Bike Rodeo with free youth helmets for the first 20 youth to arrive (1710 Edgington Ave., Eldora)
- 8:30-11:30 a.m. Breakfast in Steamboat Rock (108 River Rd S, Steamboat Rock)
- 9 a.m. Bike Ride (1710 Edgington Ave., Eldora)
- 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. BBQ Lunch (1616 Edgington Ave., Eldora)
- 12:30 - 3 p.m. Live Music from Bearcat Pickers (1710 Edgington Ave., Eldora)
- 2 p.m. Ribbon Cutting (1710 Edgington Ave., Eldora)
- 3 p.m. Tram Rides
For more information, visit the Iowa River's Edge Trail website.
This section of the Iowa River’s Edge Trail runs between Eldora and Steamboat Rock in Hardin County, connecting communities and natural spaces via an old railroad corridor along the Iowa River. The newly paved segment bridges gaps with other regional trails to form a scenic loop and is part of the larger vision that will extend 34 miles to Marshalltown connecting seven cities and two counties.