5 Things We Didn't Know About INHF
By INHF on June 22, 2012 in Blog
We came up with five tidbits we didn’t know before we started working as INHF interns. Maybe a few of them will be new to you too!
- We are not alone – During orientation we discovered that we’re not the only interns at INHF! There are 10 land stewardship interns who work all across Iowa restoring INHF properties. We also have a grant writing intern.
- INHF is largely responsible for Iowa’s awesome bike trails – There are more than 1,200 miles of trails in Iowa and INHF has helped partners with more than half of them!
- Des Moines’ RAYGUN made a shirt with INHF – And the proceeds go to maintaining Iowa’s trails. Plus, where else are you going to find a tee with a bike-riding cowboy.
- Our bike generator helps power 80/35 – along with a bunch of other awesome events. Plus we love the idea of peddling for power.
- Over 98% of Iowa’s land is privately owned – That means that groups like INHF are vital when it comes to making sure our state’s natural beauty is preserved.