Five Films for Nature Lovers
Whether you’re exhausted from a week on RAGBRAI or just not feeling up to outdoor activities in the summer heat, we completely understand the temptation stay indoors. But that shouldn’t mean that you miss out on all of the beautiful landscapes, animals and adventures nature has to offer!
So we compiled a list of five flicks that not only showcase the environment and allow you to enjoy great outdoors but also ensure that you’ll never have to leave the comfort of your living room.
- “Planet Earth” - Perfect for anyone who loves Animal Planet, this 11-part BBC series is a fantastic look at wildlife from all across the globe. Be prepared to be awe-struck by these beautiful creatures and landscapes.
- “The Lorax” – This recently released adaptation of the beloved Dr. Seuss book offers a cautionary tale of could happen if we forget to take care of our natural environment.
- “Avatar” – Set in a futuristic world, the planet of Pandora must fight against the pillaging of its natural resource. We promise this James Cameron flick will capture the attention of any action enthusiast.
- “The Day After Tomorrow” – Melting ice caps cause a massive climate shift and a seemingly impending apocalypse, forcing Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal to fight to save New York City and the world as we know it.
- “WALL-E” – A look at what could happen when we stop taking care of our planet – and stop using our own two feet – courtesy of Pixar. Plus there’s the added bonus of an adorable robot love story.
Did we forget one of your favorites? Let us know. We’d love to hear from you!