Trail Tuesday: T-Bone Trail
Every Tuesday, look for a new featured trail story on our blog – part of our new “Trail Tuesday” series. This will be a way for you to learn about all the different trails we have to offer on our Iowa By Trail app. If you like what you read you can download the app and go explore! For any questions on these trails, email email@example.com.
This week's featured trail is the T-Bone Trail.
This 21-mile trail passes through a number of small communities and features farmland and timber in the valley of the Nishnabotna River. You will see several wooden bridges donated by local businesses which are great for bicyclists, walkers, rollerbladers, and cross-country skiers.
This trail is open year-round from sunrise to sunset.
Fast Five (points of interest):
- Dinosaur Park: Come and enjoy the shelter house, playground equipment and spacious grounds.
- John James Audubon Birdwalk and Park: Enjoy the ceramic tile mosaics and see replicas of James Audubon’s work from “Birds of America.”
- Albert the Bull: Come see the world’s larget bull.
- Chatterbox Cafe: Stop by and try the tenderloin or the potato wedges. Open breakfast through dinner.
- The Red Barn: Come find a new dining experience south of Audubon on a country road across from a row of feed silos. The restaurant is a little smaller, but guests make new friends by sharing a table while enjoying their food.