We believe that together, we can do more.
Volunteers are at the heart of INHF's mission. Without them, vital conservation work all across Iowa would be left undone.
No matter where your passion lies, we invite you to join us. Our Land Restoration Crew focuses on doing land restoration work on current INHF projects and privately owned areas. Our Communications and Development Crew involves event outreach as well as behind-the-scenes effort that helps us expand our mission. There are opportunities that don’t fit within these categories, too: Contact Mary Runkel, INHF volunteer coordinator, if you have an interest you’d like to explore (see below).
Find current volunteer event dates.
Samples of volunteer opportunities:
Land Restoration Crew (typically outside and event-based):
- Remove invasive species from the prairies or woodland to restore native habitat
- Clean up and maintain bike trails
- Harvest seed to expand the prairie
Communication and Development Crew:
- Work at outreach events to share INHF’s mission with new audiences
- Raise funds for land protection projects
- Take photographs
- Assist with mailings or organizing photos
- Write a blog post
- Lead education workshops
- Add your creative twist to our volunteer events (like Cowboy Poetry at lunch)
- Help Mary with large-event execution or local volunteer recruitment
- Conduct species inventories
- Assist our land stewardship crew outside as needed
Questions? Contact Mary Runkel, INHF volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-288-1846, ext. 17.